skip to Main Content
Call our team today01288 353 999Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9-5 Sat 9-12
Restaurant Insurance

Let Us Compare Your Restaurant Insurance

Insurance For Your Restaurant

If you run a restaurant then we can provide you with the correct insurance for your catering business. We have insured restaurants for over 35 years and as insurance brokers we search and compare a selected panel of insurance schemes who specialise in the hospitality industry.

Our restaurant insurance schemes cater for all types of restaurant outlets including British restaurants, American restaurants, Chinese, Indian, and Mexican restaurants, French, Caribbean, and Greek restaurants, Pizza, Pasta and Italian restaurants, Turkish, Asian, Japanese and Spanish restaurants, cafes, sandwich bars, bistro’s and restaurants that have deep fat frying equipment or not and many more. Including takeaways and outside catering.

To arrange a restaurant quotation just click the link opposite, complete the simple quotation form and we will come back to you as soon as possible with a quotation, normally within 48 working hours. Alternatively give our office a ring on 01288 353999 where we can discuss your insurance needs straight over the phone.

What Covers Will Be Included On My Restaurant Insurance?
Our schemes provide all the necessary cover requirements for restaurants, cafes, coffee shops and including some takeaway:

  • Public & Products Liability
  • Employers Liability
  • Stock
  • Refrigerated/Frozen Stock
  • Contents, Fixtures & Fittings
  • Loss Of Income/Business Interruption
  • Book Debts
  • Money
  • Goods In Transit

Optional Extensions Available
Optional cover can be included for Buildings, Tenants Improvements, Glass & Sanitary Fittings, Wines & Spirits, Loss Of Liquor Licence, Fixed Frying Ranges, Personal Contents, Full Accidental Damage Cover, Terrorism, and Legal Expenses Cover.

Discounts Available
Various discounts can be offered on our restaurant insurance schemes including:

  • Discounts for long established restaurants.
  • Discounts for having No claims at your restaurant.
  • Discounts for being a member of the National Federation of Fish Friers.
  • Discounts for property security discounts.
  • Discounts for higher excess.
  • and more!!

Managing Your Restaurant and Insurance- Hints & Tips
We all love eating out at our favourite restaurants and cafes, they are as popular as ever and making sure you have the right cover in place is essential. Restaurants are quite high risk business’s to insure with insurance company’s, but having a well managed and looked after business will ensure you continue to get competitive prices for your insurance.

Public Liability

One of the more common insurance claims are from the public. Busy restaurants have customers rushing in and out all day long. Customers slipping on spilt liquid or food, plus food poisoning are the most common causes of liability claims. Ensure your staff are trained well to quickly deal with any spillages. Ensure kitchen areas are kept spotless after service and that foods are fully cooked through and stored correctly.

Employers Liability
You will almost certainly have chefs, waiters or waitresses, greeters and servers working for you. By law, you will have to make sure your restaurant insurance policy includes employers liability insurance to cover against slips and trips by them, falls ill due to working conditions or hurts themselves using or lifting business equipment. Again a well managed business and well trained staff will help avoid claims made under this section.

Frying Range
The most common cause of fire claims in restaurants is from frying ranges and frying equipment. Our insurers look for customers who have good housekeeping in place and look after their equipment. In return insurers will provide better insurance prices and maximum discounts. You will have ‘terms and conditions’ within your restaurant policy so make sure you thoroughly check them and ensure they are adhered to.

Some examples of good housekeeping with frying ranges include:

  • If the frying range exceeds a certain temperature then a fitted thermostat should be fitted to ensure the range is shut down if exceeded. Make sure it’s fitted and working correctly.

  • A regular planned maintenance and service programme should be in place. This should be carried out at regular intervals by suitably qualified engineers.

  • Ensure a specialist contractor is used to regularly clean all extraction systems including hoods, canopies, flues, motors, fans and the length of the ducting normally at least annually.

  • Sump boxes, trap and grease removal devices, and filters should be thoroughly cleaned at least weekly and records kept when they have been cleaned.

  • Any used cloths, oily or greasy waster should be kept in metal bins and removed from the premises daily.

  • Ensure the frying area has adequate fire extinguishing equipment close to hand, These include foam, dry powder and carbon dioxide extinguishers and also fire blankets. For health and safety these should have a regular inspection by qualified engineers to ensure they are still in good working order, are adequate and still legal.

  • Maybe common sense, but ensure the frying equipment is never left unattended when in use, and also when turned off ensure someone checks it for the next half an hour until cooled.

Beware – Not All Policy’s Are The Same!!

All restaurant policy’s will have different ‘warranties and conditions’ especially for frying equipment and security. If you have the above housekeeping in place then you shouldn’t have a problem, but always look at your current policy or restaurant quotes you have obtained, check these warranty’s as they vary from policy to policy and make sure you are doing what these conditions state you must do, if you don’t, you could see an insurer refusing to pay a claim. If you find cheap quotes then often it’s because they have very strict policy conditions you must adhere to so be aware!!!!

At quote stage we will always inform you and email exactly what warranty’s and terms are on a policy including excess’s you will have to pay in the event of a claim. You will just need to confirm you have the warranty’s in place.

Back To Top