How short term insurance
Have you ever needed to add a
friend to your car insurance for a day or two or borrow someone
A separate short-term car insurance policy allows you to cover
additional drivers on your vehicle without putting the no-claims
bonus on your main car insurance at risk.
We will arrange Short Term Car
Insurance by introducing you to 'Temporary Cover Limited'. When
you click the 'Start Here' button you will enter Temporary
Cover Limited's' website, you can get an instant quote and you
can buy temporary car insurance instantly. The policy is
underwritten by either Provident, Markerstudy, Mulsanne or
Invicta. All paperwork
confirming instant insurance cover can be printed straight away.
insurance is ideal for:
temporary additional drivers (excluding overseas visitors)
temporary additional cars
unaccompanied vehicle demonstrations or use of courtesy cars
lending a car to a friend, colleague or relative
immediate drive-away insurance if you've just bought a car
Temporary car insurance is available for:
- any car you can drive with a standard UK driving licence.
- any person who has been a UK resident for a minimum of 1 year.
- any person with a UK (including Channel Islands), Northern Ireland, or EU full driving licence for a minimum of 1 year. (Foreign or International licenses are unacceptable).
- any insurance period from 1 to 28 days, you can renew the policy for another 28 days after if required.
- drivers between the ages of 24 - 69 (75 for additional drivers).
- drivers with no more than 6 penalty points on your licence in the last 3 years
- drivers who have not been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
- drivers who have not had more than one fault claim in the last 3 years
- cars or vans valued from £ 1,000 up to £ 40,000.
Vehicle Criteria For Short Term Cover.
The vehicle to be covered:
- has NOT been modified.
- has no more than 8 seats in total.
- is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle Of Man.
- Is less than a UK Group 16 (European Group 32)
- You don't plan to use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire & reward.
- You require cover for a vehicle which you would be permitted to drive using a standard full UK licence.
- You can insure vehicles with
any market value but the maximum amount payable under this
policy in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle is
£40,000. (Providing the vehicle registration facility on
Stage 1 of the quote screen identifies your car when you
input the registration number.)
Who Are Temporary Cover Ltd?
Temporary cover Limited are specialists in providing temporary car insurance for it's customers. Their policies are underwritten by either Provident, Markerstudy, Mulsanne or Invicta They are all FCA authorised.