public liability insurance quote | Quotations for tradesman liability insurance

Public Liability Insurance

employers liability quotes| tradesman liability cover image


Hodgson Insurance Services specialise in public and employers liability insurance for self employed tradesmen. We cater for all types of small businesses with up to 10 manual workers including builders, brick layers, carpenters, carpet cleaners, chimney sweeps, wall tilers, gardeners, plumbers, heating engineers and all other types of trade in the building and domestic industry, including limited companies. With over 35 years experience in the insurance trade, we search a panel of insurance companies to find you the best price with the right cover.

For a cheap public liability insurance quotation simply complete the quotation form below, and submit it to us. We will contact you as soon as possible with a quotation. Alternatively contact our office on 01288 353999, where we will be more than pleased to arrange a quotation, even if your occupation isn't listed.


Public Liability Insurance Quotation Form

Company Details
Company/Trading name:
Full names of principals, partners and directors:
Your company status:
Business address:
Business postcode:
Please select your trade or business (You can select more than 1 occupation, by holding down the 'ctrl' button):
Date this business was established:
How many years experience in the trade: years
How many continuous claim free years have you been insured for?:
Do you operate from commercial premises or home address:
Estimated annual turnover:
How many people are involved in manual work?...
a) Principals, partners, and directors:
b) Full Time Employees including labour only sub-contractors, and people working under Government Schemes (maximum number required at any one time is required) :
How many people are involved in clerical only work?
Do you employ any 'Temporary Staff' during the year (Excluding Bona-Fide Contractors? Yes No
If 'Yes'  How many days during the year will you have temporary employees working for you?
The Cover You Require
Public liability cover (compulsory indemnity limit required):
Is employer's liability cover required?: Yes   No
Your Business Activities, Previous Insurance And Claims History
What are your payments to bona-fide or supply and fix sub contractors per annum ( i.e. contractors who supply their own materials, plumbers, electricians, etc )?:
What is the maximum depth you may work at (Metres)? metres
What is the maximum height you may work at (Metres)? meters
Do you undertake work away from your premises involving the use of heat, (Excl welding/flame cutting equipment?): Yes   No
Do you undertake work away from your premises involving the use of welding or flame cutting equipment? Yes No
Do you hire out plant and/or machinery to other persons or firms?: Yes No
Do you undertake work involving the installation, service, maintenance, or repair of gas appliances, pipe work, equipment or flues?: Yes No
if YES: Are you CORGI Registered or will such work be undertaken solely by CORGI registered persons?: Yes No
Has any insurer cancelled, declined to provide or renew cover or imposed special terms in respect of the risks now proposed?: Yes No
Have you or any partner or director been convicted in the last 5 years of any offence relating to the Health & Safety of your employees or members of the public in connection with your business?: Yes No
Have you or any partner or director been convicted or is any prosecution pending for any offence involving dishonesty of any kind including for example Yes No
Have you made any claims or suffered any losses during the last 5 years whether covered by insurance or not?: Yes No
if you have answered 'YES' to the above questions, please put full details in the box opposite:

If your trade or business is a BUILDER or PROPERTY MAINTENANCE only, state whether:

your annual turnover for SEPARATE CONTRACTS will exceed 15% for painting & decorating, roofing, groundwork's or plumbing & heating?: Yes No
your annual turnover for SEPARATE CONTRACTS will exceed 5% for timber treatment, damp proofing or civil engineering?: Yes No

For the trade of BUILDERS and BRICKLAYERS state whether:

you solely undertake work on private dwellings, shops, offices, hotels, public houses, guest houses, schools, colleges, residential, retirement or nursing homes, of not more than four floors including basement and attic (including the grounds thereof)?: Yes No
Your Contact Details and Current Insurers
Renewal/Inception date:   
Current insurers (If applicable):
Renewal/Target premium:
Contact name:
Email address:   
Telephone number:   
Preferred choice of quotation contact:  
Preferred payment method:   

N.B - We can also extend the public liability policies to include cover for 'own tools', hired in plant', 'goods in transit' and 'contractors all risks' cover for an additional premium. If you require this cover then please phone us on 01288 353999.

Please now submit the public liability quotation form through to our office to arrange your quote.



Public Liability Insurance


Hodgson Insurance Services Specialising In Public and Employers Liability Insurance For The Self Employed ,Cheap Insurance for Carpenters - Builders - Painters and Decorators - Plumbers and Heating Engineers and all Building Allied Trades.


Motor Insurance Business Insurance Household More Information
Private Car Shop Own Home (Buildings/Contents) About Us
Van Office Second Home Contact Us
Motorcycle Holiday Home Working From Home Report A Claim
Scooter Landlords Gadget Our Insurer Partners
Second Car Bed and Breakfast   Our Terms Of Business
Caravan Guest House Travel Useful Links & Websites
Short Term Car Restaurant Single Trip Travel  
Motor Breakdown Cafe Annual Multi-trip Travel Lets Be Social
Boat & Yacht Takeaway   Follow us & get the latest news.
Classic Car Hotel More Products Follow us on Facebook
Minibus Public & Employers Liability Personal Accident & Sickness
Trailer Block Of Flats   Follow us on Twitter
Temporary Learner Driver Fish & Chip Shop  
  Launderette & Dry Cleaners   Follow us on Blogger
      Follow us on Linkedin

Hodgson Insurance Services are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 306339. You can check this on the FCA register by visiting FCA's website