Your Temporary Car Insurance Cover
Looking For Short Term Insurance For A Motor Vehicle?
Have you ever needed to add a friend to your car insurance for a day or two or borrow someone else’s vehicle? A separate short-term car insurance policy allows you to cover additional drivers on your vehicle without putting the No Claims Bonus on your main car insurance at risk.
We will arrange Short Term Car Insurance by introducing you to Tempcover. When you click to get a quote you will enter Tempcovers website, you can get an instant quote and you can buy temporary car insurance straight away. Tempcover compares a selected panel of short term insurers to find you the best deal.
Temporary car insurance is ideal for:
- temporary additional drivers (excluding overseas visitors) to own car.
- temporary additional cars, vans, motorbikes.
- unaccompanied vehicle demonstrations or use of courtesy cars.
- lending a car to a friend, colleague or relative immediate.
- drive-away insurance if you’ve just bought a car.
Temporary car insurance is available for:
- any car you can drive with a standard UK driving licence.
- any person who has been a UK resident for a minimum of 1 year.
- any person with a UK (including Channel Islands), Northern Ireland, or EU full driving licence for a minimum of 1 year. (Foreign or International licenses are unacceptable).
- any insurance period from 1 to 28 days, you can renew the policy for another 28 days after if required.
- learner drivers aged 17+ for up to 90 days.
- drivers aged 17 to 75 who have had their full licence for more than 6 months.
- drivers with points and convictions, terms and conditions apply.
- drivers who have not had more than one fault claim in the last 3 years
- minimum vehicle value £1,000.
- additional drivers – perfect for sharing a long drive.
Vehicle Criteria For Short Term Cover
The vehicle to be covered:
- has NO modifications.
- is right hand drive
- has no more than 8 seats in total.
- is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle Of Man.
- is not being used for carrying passengers or goods for hire & reward.
- is not being exported.
- You can insure vehicles with any market value but the maximum amount payable under this policy in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle is £40,000. (Providing the vehicle registration facility on Stage 1 of the quote screen identifies your car when you input the registration number.)
- can be a car, van up to 7.5 tonnes, motorbikes, or an impounded vehicle.
Who Are TempCover?
Tempcover are the UK’s award-winning, leading provider of short term motor insurance. Tempcover compare quotes from a panel of leading insurers offering you complete flexibility to choose the policy which best suits your needs. From quote to insured with the documents in your hand take a matter of minutes
Tempcover have provided temporary insurance to over 1 million customers and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No: 304419.
Payment is available by credit card, debit card and Paypal.