Let Us Compare Your Liability Insurance
Arrange Your Public & Employers Liability Cover Today
There are many things that can go wrong in your business and with today’s ‘compensation culture’, there’s an ever increasing risk of being sued for negligence. We can provide peace of mind for tradesman and many professions by providing you with a public liability insurance policy for your business. If you employ people then by law you must obtain Employers Liability Insurance for them.
To arrange a quotation please complete our online quotation form by clicking the link opposite. Alternatively give our office a call on 01288 353999 and a member of staff can discuss your requirements.
What Covers Will I Require?
- Employers Liability
If your business has employees then it is a legal requirement in the UK to have Employers Liability cover in place. If whilst working for you or under your instruction the employee is injured and your business can be found liable for the injury then your employee could be entitled to compensation.
- Public Liability
If someone is injured or third party property is damaged because of your business you could be held liable and be required to pay compensation. A Public Liability Insurance policy, although not required by law, is highly recommended to give you peace of mind against something going wrong within your business. Covers generally range from £1 million to £5 million, with higher levels available for higher risk trades.
Optional Covers & Policies To Consider.
Some of the additional covers that tradesmen may want to include as part of your liability insurance policy.
- Contract Works.
- Own & Hired In Plant.
- Tools Cover.
- Goods In Transit.
- Business Premises.
- Business Stock & Contents.
- Personal Accident.
Trades We Can Look At?
Here are just a small selection of trades we can look to provide Public Liability and Employers Liability Insurance Cover for.
- Accountancy Insurance
- Air Conditioning Insurance
- Blind Fitter Insurance
- Builders Insurance
- Carpenters Insurance
- Double Glazing Insurance
- Electrician Insurance
- Fencing Insurance
- Gardener Insurance
- Heating Engineer Insurance
- Lift Installation Insurance
- Locksmiths Insurance
- Music Teacher Insurance
- Painter & Decorator Insurance
- Pet Grooming Insurance
- Property Maintenance Insurance
- Roofers Insurance
- Satellite TV Installer Insurance
- Scaffolders Insurance
- Solar Panel Installer Insurance, and many more Trades!!!
Things To Tell Your Public Liability Insurer?
Here are just a few things you must let your insurance company or insurance broker know when getting a quote.
- If you works at heights above 10 metres (e.g. roofers, painters, scaffolders).
- If you work below ground level. (e.g. builders, groundworkers, cable installers).
- If you use any heat. (Plumbers, painter & decorators, flat roofers).
- If you have made any claims in the last 5 years.
- If you, directors or partners have had any non-motoring convictions, gone bankrupt or insolvent.
- If you have any short term labour only contractors (This is still classed as an employee).
- If you work on any high risk or hazardous locations.